26 International Choral Festival CRO PATRIA 2022 / Competition for new choral compositions
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
CRO PATRIA is a unique project on a global scale which promotes choral singing and contemporary choral works organized by Musical Youth of Split. It is an international project in which choirs, composers, poets, members of prize-awarding committee from Croatia and other countries take part.
This programme tries to encourage contemporary, artistic valuable creativity in music and poetry so each segment has special prizes and medallions – work of Croatian academic artists.
We invite composers to apply to international competition for the new choral compositions in 26th International Choral Festival CRO PATRIA 2022.
Applications will be accepted until May 2, 2022.
The competition is open to choral a cappella compositions for mixed, male, female and children’s choir written in any language, with the maximum duration of 5 minutes.
- The competition is open to all composers, regardless their age and nationality, former applicants and rewarded composers.
- Each composer may submit up to 3 compositions.
- The musical score must have name and surname of the author of the text.
- It is necessary to send translation in Croatian or English for all lyrics which aren’t written in Croatian, English or Latin.
- The authors vouch for the originality of the composition.
- The score sent for the competition will not be returned.
- Composers can suggest the choir to perform their composition.
- When they send their works to the competition, the authors transfer the right to the organizer to publish the chosen compositions, to record them on CDs and make videos, to transmit them via radio and television and to transfer these rights to the third parties. All other rights are preserved by the authors.
HOW TO APPLY?
- Each musical score must be marked with a code of seven characters.
- The same code must be written on a separate closed envelope which contains the information about and the contact of the composer.
- The envelope must also contain the composer’s statement that the applied composition hasn’t been published or rewarded in any other competition.
- The composers have to send their compositions (written in Sibelius 6 or 7 or any other similar program) together with the closed envelope – as stated above – to the address:
Glazbena mladež Split
specifying: DO NOT OPEN – 26th CRO PATRIA – new compositions
JUDGING AND AWARDS
Compositions will be judged by an prize-awarding committee. The decision of the committee is final and it cannot be appealed. Judging is divided into two phases.
In the first phase the committee will decide which compositions will perform in 26th International Choral Festival CRO PATRIA 2022.
The organizer will inform the author about the acceptance of the composition until 1st of June 2022. The author guarantees that, by the end of the Festival CRO PATRIA 2022, applied and by the committee chosen composition will not be performed in public.
In the second phase of the competition the prize-awarding committee will award three best compositions.
The awards are:
- gold medallion Canticum novum,
- silver medallion Canticum novum,
- bronze medallion Canticum novum.
The author of the winning composition (composition awarded with gold medallion Canticum novum) will be also awarded with the money reward of 500€ and will be invited into prize-awarding committee of the tender for new choral compositions of the next year’s Festival.
Prize-awarding committee can assign special awards for:
Best new composition by young The award does not include money reward.
Organizer will do the best to arrange performance of each composition chosen in the first phase of the competition. Sending an application and taking part in competition implies accepting these terms.
Glazbena mladež Split
+385 (0)21 482 400